Listen to Radio on the Internet Via VLC Media Player [How To]
Here is something simple and quick that will enable you to listen to Radio on the Internet by merely using the VLC Media Player. We will take you through the process in a systematic and simple way. Let us get started on this process:
- Click on VLC Media Player to open it.
- Click on the Media Dropdown Menu to open it.
- You can now select the Open Network option.
- Type out the URL (web address of the site) of the station of your choice on to the address bar.
- Once you do this, all you need to do is click on play
Alternatively you can use the second method given below:
- Select and click on the drop down menu of the Playlist.
- Go to Additional sources, which should have an arrow at the end.
- You will find a list of streams for all kinds of thing. This could include Internet Television amongst others. Since we are looking. for Internet Radio options for listening, you need to select Shoutcast Radio Listings.
- After this you need to click on Show Playlist. A window will popup having three folders, namely Media Library, Playlist and the. third one Shoutcast Radio. You need to click on Shoutcast Radio to select it.
- You can simply browse through all the categories listed there and after looking through them make your choice. To make your choice you simply need to double click on it. When you do that the top station from that category will start to play. After this you can look through the stations that are all available in this particular category.
This is so simple that you will be listening to internet radio of your choice simply by using any of the above two given methods.